Saturday, July 31, 2010

House made Sausage. its amazing!

Do you make your own house sausage? too hard you say? its just not cost effective is it? sure you can buy sausage, frozen little pieces made somewhere in the northeast I think? ok well you get the picture right, in these times of economic challenge it is more important than ever to stand out against your competition and one way to do that is making your own house sausage.
Start with a nice boneless Pork Butt, cut it into small pieces and grind it on a 1/4 inch course grind (see pic 1) then add your spices, and this is where you make it your own, experiment with the flavors, your customers will love it.

Take a look at this pic, you can see the course grind of the Pork Butt, I measure all my spices and ingredients ahead of time, grind my meat and then mix it all together. You can case your sausage right away but I like to let the mix sit overnight in the walk-in I find the flavors mix better if you let it sit overnight.
The next day you simply case your sausage in any length you choose (I usually keep my length to about 12") its easy to cook and depending on the use of the sausage faster than making small links.


This is the Kitchen aid I use at my home kitchen, I included this pic because I can case about 20 pounds of Sausage in an hour, 100 pounds with my larger Hobart Grinder! my point is for about $250.00 you can start making your own house sausage. Pork, Chicken, Beef or any meat you wish.

Create fresh, clean sausage with no additives or fillers, it taste amazing and will save you money and build a loyal customer base.










Italian Sweet Sausage with fresh Parmesan and Basil !

Enjoy

Chef Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment