Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gluten free what? Hmmm lets see where this is going

As a Chef and Restauranteur I cannot deny the outcry for Gluten free menu items, I can't deny it because I have so many guests asking for it. There are operational issues with providing GF products in a restaurant, cross contamination is everywhere! and my only choice at this point is to find a great crust to serve to my guests, but who has the best crust? can I use the recipe to make GF pasta and at this point the only binder of grain flours that seems to be working is xanthun gum, choices choices.

I am going to take the next week and dive into this issue and come up with some answers for myself my guests and post them up on the blog with pics so you can decide for yourself, let me know what you think, input is appreciated as this is the way we all learn.

Chef Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment