Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chicken coops!

Thats right, a blustery cold day on the North Coast is perfect for building a new Chicken coop, sure I could go just buy one but then where is the sense of pride in creating something that feels soooo good? we love our silly little chickens, they roam around our property in and out of the creek, up the hill in to the pastures dodging Red Tail hawks and the occasional bunch of Turkeys and of course they give us the best, brightest and tastiest eggs we could ever get.

So they get a new house! built of old weathered redwood we have saved for some odd reason and the chicken coop was the reason (I love that when it happens) after all there is a reason for everything. I get to share this with my kids and I know that some day in the distant future they will be talking about the time we built a chicken coop together and every one will smile.

These are moments that life gives us, ya I could just go buy one, but building it means so much more and is so much more fun, so Dad as you smile down upon us today and enjoy watching us having fun with our chickens it is because of you that I have such a passion for food and love for my kids, Thanks pops


No comments:

Post a Comment